Tuesday 6 November 2012

The heart of the matter

Firstly - I apologise for being so rubbish at posting - things have been getting a bit on top of me up here!

I have issues with the nervous system - it, and the endocrine system are very interesting don't get me wrong - and when they go wrong they really do go wrong. And they do they go seriously wrong - so clearly to learn about them is important ... however - they are an enigma, a mystery and one hell off a confusing thing.

The heart I love, the heart is a mechanical thing, it's a pump, it's fantastically simple and a truly beautiful thing - hell I can even draw a picture of it!! (You'd never guess that I got a B at GCSE art would you!?)


But the nervous system is a whole other kettle of fish! It's a complex system of electrical impulses running through your body - it's fallible and brilliant but so so so very confusing, tied in with the endocrine system - a crazy ass mixture of hormones that are all reliant on one another and interconnected in a way that to me is just double Dutch!  But hopefully - in time, it'll all come clear in the end ... I hope!






No comments:

Post a Comment